My skin is my biggest enemy that I have learned to love. Usually, my skin reflects what I’m feeling in the inside as I tend to breakout when I’m stressed or anxious.
Because it is so hard to control what I’m feeling on the inside and don’t want that to always affect my skin, I have learned to invest in my skincare and manage my hormonal breakouts with the best products suitable for me.
Again, I am NOT a skincare expert, these are just the products that have helped me and I wanted to share!
See below my favorite products I’ve been using lately!
Lush- Angels on bare skin cleanser
- I recently started using this after a shower and it seriously feels like angels on your skin. With a blend of kaolin clay, ground almonds, rose, lavender and chamomile oils, this is the softest and smoothest cleanser I’ve ever tried. All natural, organic and handmade ingredients are a plus as well!
Herbivore- Lapis facial oil
- Derived from a stone in ancient Egypt, this Lapis Lazuli oil contains a Azulene which is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial formula to help clear skin. When I use this at night, I wake up and see the results immediately as my face feels more even and plump.
Arade – REVITALIZING FACE SCRUB
- I’ve been using this all-natural scrub in the shower for a gentle exfoliation. Equipped with jojoba nuts and hand crushed argan, this scrub doesn’t feel harsh on the skin and rather creates a soft base for make-up or for my night routine products. The consistency and smell is also amazing and my favorite thing is that it’s sustainable with natural ingredients that brighten the skin. So good!
Ole Henriksen facial sauna scrub-
- After seeing another beauty blogger talk about this product, I had to try it myself. Let’s just say when you apply this scrub on your face, it literally HEATS UP with water. It’s formula is made up of volcanic sand and its warm/cool action, actually makes your pores smaller. It is the best thing I have tried. When my skin is bumpy, red, or I just picked at it (never do this) I use this scrub and instantly my face feels smooth again. I will be buying this over and over again forever!
- I bought this leave-on mask at a french pharmacy after hearing a lot about this brand. It smells amazing, its clear, and when I wash it off, my skin feels like silk. Love it!
- I also bought this at a Parisian pharmacy and it has become my favorite moisturizer ever. I use SPF separately but this does everything that a good moisturizer is supposed to go. Non-greasy and soaks in the sick so easily. I’ve gone through at least 4 tubes of this already, highly recommend!
Lush- Grease Lighting
- I have oily skin, which is great for aging but terrible for Miami humidity. I’ve been using this serum in the mornings before putting on my make-up and the gentle herbal infusion of thyme, tea tree and rosemary, calm the skin and leaves it feeling matte. I love it!
Sunday Riley- Luna face oil
- The price tag on this is one if hefty, but if you’re into skincare- you need this now. My best friend Valentina (who I used to run the blog with) made me buy it after she used it once and told me it would change my skin. This is a night oil with retinol and it seriously makes you wake up with even, plump skin. I use this 3-4 times a week and it works miracles on my skin. I highly, highly recommend it!
Sunday Riley- UFO
- I recently started using this oil and I’m obsessed. On the days where my skin is giving me problems, this oil has 1.5 percent salicylic acid so it helps with breakouts. The whole Sunday Riley brand in general is incredible and this oil is only for people who struggle with their skin & acne.
Sunday Riley- Good Genes
- Since reaching my mid-20s, I have learned that certain ingredients do miracles on the skin. Lactic acid is one of them. This is another skinvestment, but it’s the one product that I honestly swear by and have re-purchased over and over again. This works as a liquid exfoliant that leaves your skin radiant and smooth. When I use this at night (even though you can use it during the day as well), I wake up and my skin looks even. I struggle with uneven skin tone, as parts of my face are more red or dis-colored and this brightens it all over night. It’s a splurge but worth every penny!
Herbivore- Rose Mist
- This natural, all organic, plant-based spray is everything you need for a mid-day refreshment. With or without make-up on, this mist feels cooling on the skin and it hydrates it when you’re not feeling your best. It doesn’t remove make-up, it just soaks into your skin for a healthier glow.
Hope you guys enjoyed!